- Exhale before you throw, releasing any tension and tightness in the upper body.
- Create slight momentum (small shuffle steps forward) going towards your target. Beware - Even though you need momentum forward, try not to take too much depth away from your drop; try to stay as far away from the line of scrimmage as possible.
- Short stride, allowing yourself to get over the front foot.
- High release, in front of your body (as if your throwing over a bar).
- Finish by following through all the way to your hip - don't be afraid to over-exaggerate.
DO NOT muscle the throw, stay smooth and let it fly.