- Do NOT over stride, always take a short, controlled stride while throwing.
- Pretend you are throwing over a bar, release the ball out in front of your body, and emphasize a long, proper follow through (hand finishing at the inside of opposite hip).
- Do NOT muscle the football, keep the upper body relaxed and let if fly.
- Following through is going to give the football the proper "drop in" motion.
- Do not throw at the receiver, lead him, dropping the ball in over the shoulder closest to the sideline.
- Throw the ball from the numbers and out, anything inside the numbers gives the safety an opportunity to come over top and make a play.
Friday, May 14, 2010
Throwing the Fade
Quick notes on throwing the fade ball: